The main benefits of running a social media campaign are:
• Enhancing your trustworthiness You will see an increase in your website conversion rates. The amount of website traffic (or visitors) compared to the number of sales (or leads) you get is called the sales conversion ratio. If you monitor this ratio before and after installing an embedded Twitter feed, you should see it improve. People are reassured by the presence of a regularly updated Twitter feed on a website (hours, not days). It shows professionalism, authority and clearly displays that your site is “open for business”.
• Brand recognition and repeat exposure Your social media followers or browsers are in an environment that they are comfortable in. It is the very best place for you to place your brand and have them take notice. It is said of traditional advertising that a potential customer has to see your advertisement seven times before taking any action. This is your opportunity to get your brand under their noses without being pushy.
• Getting ahead of your competitors Do your competitors use social media? Most of your competitors will probably not be doing a good job of embracing social media, so this is your chance to race ahead. If they are engaging well in the social networks then you must get involved or you risk being left behind and losing your audience to your competition. Your potential customers or clients are engaging in social media personally, whether you like it or not. When they visit a website they expect to find a social media presence and may judge you if there isn’t one – or worse if they find one that hasn’t been updated for weeks or months.
• Grow your marketing power You don’t need followers, as our business profilers will include relevant hashtags that will get your brand into relevant conversations, however, as your followers increase your marketing power increases. Initially, the increased conversion rate on your website, your hashtagged tweets and the potential for your social media campaign to appear in Google results are all that you are interested in. Over time you’ll also gain a loyal following, who you can market to at any time – at zero additional cost! The more followers you have – the more people want to join in and get involved. It’s the “crowd effect” - people always want to see what the crowd is interested in, and they join the crowd! Talk to us about how to get more followers.
• Improving your authority When people see you have a busy social network with hints and trivia relating to your chosen business field they will automatically associate it with authority. Your business will be seen as having increased credibility and specialist knowledge which, in turn, will also increase your sales conversion rates.
• Return on investment Our service offers a great return on investment. You should be able to track the improvement in website visitors to sale ratio and see it increase as well as seeing more visitors over time directly from your social media accounts. Google is now returning social media results in amongst its search results and Twitter and Facebook have literally hundreds of millions of users. You can get access to this market for a tiny monthly investment when compared to other marketing channels.
• SEO Google has placed more and more importance on what is commonly referred to as "social signals". Nobody knows Google’s exact algorithm but it certainly includes social campaigns in the mix. You need to be actively engaged in social media to get any of that benefit. You should also think about getting your Twitter feed embedded into the homepage of your website. This constantly changing text is just the type of thing that pushes Google’s buttons. We’ve seen a huge increase in Google crawling rates once a feed is embedded which will help your SEO team push your website up the rankings.
• Website traffic Even without followers the targeted use of hashtags should get your brand out into conversations that are relevant. This should start driving extra traffic (visitors) to your website. As your number of followers grows you’ll start getting even more exposure for your brand and your traffic will grow further still. Because Google is taking more notice of “Social Signals” you could find you are getting more traffic directly from Google too. Don’t forget that Facebook Pages and Twitter feeds are now appearing in Google’s search results. As your social media campaign grows and matures you will get more and more visitors.